Join Code Ninja's Design Team!
Background of the Role
Code Ninja is looking for a UI/UX Designer to be part of the Design Team working on exciting tech startups. The UI/UX Designer will have a key role on a small and agile product development team. Combining research and design, the successful candidate will guide the user experience and user interface implementation phases of our various projects.
What You'll Do
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with founders, product owner and development team
- Illustrate design ideas using wireframes and mockups
- Conceptualize and develop imaginative, appealing web and mobile prototypes using the most appropriate technologies and techniques
- Translate prototypes into a logical user experience design and clearly present how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables), and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Identify UX problems and devise elegant solutions
- Test for intuitivity and experience and conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Ensure HTML/CSS is cross-browser and standards compliant and meets accessibility/disability requirements
- Ensure to stay at the forefront of relevant industry developments, emergent technologies and practices
- A solid portfolio of demonstrated ability to use UI design to solve complex usability challenges
- Ability to implement your design in pixel-perfect and responsive design development using HTML, CSS, and SASS
- Skill in developing a library of UI patterns
- Up-to-date knowledge of design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with using the following design tools: Sketch, Zeplin, and Invision
- Experience designing beautiful native apps for iOS and Android
Before Submitting Your Application
- Learn more about our company and projects by visiting the Code Ninja website
- Prepare your online portfolio and design samples. We prefer to see your works on web app design using modern design principles
- Practice design performing end to end design tasks (design, illustration, slicing/implementation to prototype)
Submitting Your Application
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter and pdf copy of CV
- Make sure to include the role you are interested at in the subject line of your email
- Your application letter should include a brief description on why you are an excellent candidate for this job and what parts of your portfolio are especially relevant.
- If parts of your portfolio are done in groups/teams, please indicate the team size and your specific role in the project.
- Include links to your recent works, preferably something that utilizes modern design and UX principles
- Highlight works on web and mobile applications
Our Recruitment Process
- Screening: Upon receiving your application, we will send you a link to our Online Application Form and Aptitude Test
- Shortlisting: If you are successful in the screening process, we will shortlist you for an initial interview via Skype of face to face engagement
- Technical Assessment: Successful candidates from the initial screening will be given a design task
- Final Interview: The final step is an interview with our Founder
Our process usually takes 2 weeks, and varies depending on the availability of the candidate and Founder.
Read more posts by this author.
Internship: Full Stack Engineer
Take the first step to being a Code Ninja. Apply for our Internship Programme! Background of the Role We are looking for full stack engineer interns
Career Opportunity: Customer Success Manager (Sales)
Be a Customer Success Manager at Code Ninja today! Background of the Role Code Ninja is looking for a Customer Success Manager for one of our