Are you a Senior Data Engineer? Join our team today!
Build the next cool thing with us! Code Ninja is looking for talented developers for one of our start-ups, ImportGenius.
ImportGenius is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by import/export businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently to discover priceless antiques being shipped out of Russian oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful insights from global trade data. Our technologies include AWS Spark, AWS Athena, AWS Glue, MySQL and ELK.
- Use your creativity to find and extract useful insights from Global Trade data
- Build and maintain scalable ETL pipelines that will perform complex transformations in a parallel fashion over large scale datasets
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their needs.
- Spearhead the implementation of industry-standard world-class practices in data engineering
- Experience in managing, analyzing and processing large volumes of sparsely structured data in a timely manner
- Experience designing and building data warehouses and associated topologies
- Strong experience with Relational, Non-Relational and Columnar Databases
- Innovative “out of the box” thinking. This role is central to the company’s competitive advantage in providing unique insights using publicly available data
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- A positive “Can do” attitude
- High attention to detail
- Background in Statistical Analysis
- Ability to liaise with management and other teams
- Proficiency in working with cloud based data tools, specifically AWS
- A basic grasp of statistics and probability will be a plus
- Experience with SQL, RedShift, Spark, and Elasticsearch
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Driven with an intrinsic motivation to succeed and continuously improve yourself and your surroundings
- Creative and able to find and build solutions to complex problems
- Experience with Hadoop a plus
If you are interested, send us an email at email@example.com with your application letter and a pdf copy of CV.
Read more posts by this author.
Career Opportunity: Data Engineer Team Lead
Are you a Data Engineer Team Lead? Join our team today! Company Description Code Ninja is looking for a Data Engineer Team Lead for one of
Career Opportunity: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Are you a Senior Full Stack Engineer? Join our team today! Company Description Build the next cool thing with us! Code Ninja is looking for talented