Are you a Data Scientist? Join our team today!
About the Company
Are you a person who is excited about Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Interested in being part of a growing multinational, delivering end-to-end projects in the international space?
Code Ninja houses 3 different US-based tech startups. And our most data-centric startup is gearing up to grow its data science team:
ImportGenius, one of the US-based tech startups is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently to discover priceless antiques being shipped out of Russia by oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful intelligence from global trade data.
Apply now to join our team as Data Scientist for Import Genius!
About the Job
ImportGenius has access to the real-time complete import and export records of 18 countries. As our new Data Scientist at Import Genius you will manage the process from PoC stage and to design and implement/deploy scalable solutions for our customers, in the area of Natural Language Processing, Predictive Modeling and Decision Support Systems. This includes owning-up the quality of the deliverables, facilitating for a successful project delivery. As a Data Scientist you will ensure the quality throughout the process: building and validating AI models based on structured and unstructured data. You will collaborate closely with Product Managers in conceptualizing viable Data Science solutions for our customers and work together with our Data and Software Engineers in delivering production-grade Data Science solutions. In your capacity as Data Scientist it will also be expected of you to guide your younger colleagues through the project life-cycle.
Throughout customer engagements, you have the opportunity to deep-dive into the customer’s data and translate this to optimal business solutions. You will drive the technical discussions to qualify that the designed and developed solution is addressing the customer's business problem. To succeed in this role, we believe that you will establish and maintain a professional and trusted relationship with the customer, providing continuous guidance during the customer engagement.
Key responsibilities to highlight
Own the delivery process from PoC stage and to design and implement/deploy scalable solutions for our customers, in the area of NLP, Predictive Modeling and * * Decision Support Systems.
Define and qualify data requirements necessary to implement the Data Science solution
Understand customer business problem and identify the right Data Science solution to address the problem
Define the data requirements necessary to implement the Data Science solution
Conduct Exploratory Data Analysis and develop AI models for addressing concrete business problems
Validate both the technical performance, as well as the business value of the developed AI solutions
Write production-grade Python code for deploying the developed AI models together with our engineering team
We envisage you to be an ambitious and goal-oriented individual with the desire for achievement to reach goals, having the drive and aspiration to become and stay a subject matter expert, and an authority in the area of specialization. To succeed in this role, it will be crucial to demonstrate knowledge transfer by being transparent and proactive, and openly share knowledge, experience and information. You will be part of a cross-functional team, and collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Data/Software Engineers and Solutions Architects.
Desired competency & experience
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant field (Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Physics etc.)
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in a relevant field (Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Physics etc.) is a plus.
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience in analyzing, exploring, building and validating AI models based on structured and unstructured data
- Practical experience with developing impactful AI models for specific solutions (e.g. text analytics applications)
- Working experience with one or more of the following ML frameworks: scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Keras, pytorch
- Fluency in Python, software engineering concepts and best practices
- Knowledge SQL, Glue, and in agile methods, such as Spark or similar large-scale data processing frameworks and code versioning tools (git).
- Experience in working with large datasets. You should be comfortable querying and filtering large amounts of data, cleaning up data programmatically, and slicing quick samples of the data.
- Experience in building complex reports, queries, and dashboards at scale
- Up to date with current trends in AI, Data Science, and Big Data Algorithms.
- While we don’t expect you to be an NLP expert, knowledge in this domain will be beneficial.
- Innovative “out of the box” thinking. This role is central to the company’s competitive advantage in providing unique insights using publicly available data
- A positive “Can do” attitude
- High attention to detail
- Location for this job: Manila, Philippines
- Language requirements: Professional level English, written & spoken
- Application deadline: ASAP. We will evaluate candidates continuously
- Visa requirements: Should have a valid work permit/visa for the Philippines. We are looking for someone who is ideally already based in the Philippines and that could start relatively quickly. If you are located outside of the Philippines, please detail in your application when you are planning to move here and when you could start.
If you are interested, send us an email at email@example.com with your application letter and a pdf copy of CV.
Read more posts by this author.
Career Opportunity: Full Stack Engineer
Are you a Full Stack Engineer? Join our team today! Company Description Build the next cool thing with us! Code Ninja is looking for talented developers
Career Opportunity: Senior Full Stack Engineer
Are you a Senior Full Stack Engineer? Join our team today! Company Description Build the next cool thing with us! Code Ninja is looking for talented