Are you a Data Engineer Team Lead? Join our team today!
Code Ninja is looking for a Data Engineer Team Lead for one of our startups ImportGenius.
ImportGenius is the pioneer company in data analytics for the global import/export industry. Our trade data is used by import/export businesses the world over to gain an advantage over their competitors. The insights we produce using our trade data have been used by analysts and journalists to predict the iPhone launch even before the official announcement, track counterfeit money flowing into Venezuela, and most recently to discover priceless antiques being shipped out of Russia by oligarchs.
At ImportGenius we are always finding ways to build tools that allow our customers to discover powerful intelligence from global trade data.
Vision of the role:
You will be providing leadership and mentorship to our talented data team. You are empowered to set standards, processes, and tools that will allow our data team and the company to scale and deliver clean, accurate, and actionable data to be used by our customers.
- Identify, design, and implement internal processes: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Spearhead the implementation of industry-standard world-class practices in data engineering
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in managing, analyzing, and processing large volumes of sparsely structured data in a timely manner
- Strong experience with Relational, Non-Relational, and Columnar Databases
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- 2 years Expertise with Databases and Search Engines: Elasticsearch
- Expertise with building and maintaining ETL processes
- Expertise with Data Pipeline and Workflow Management
- Expertise with SQL Databases
Innovative “out of the box” thinking. This role is central to the company’s competitive advantage in providing unique insights using publicly available data
A positive “Can do” attitude
High attention to detail
Background in Statistical Analysis
Ability to liaise with management and other teams
If you are interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter and a pdf copy of CV.
Read more posts by this author.